Saturday, February 20, 2010

A Bestseller

I was pleasantly surprised today while scrolling through Kindle's bestsellers to see that a number of my novels make the top 100. Granted the books are free although you can pay for copies as well, but with all the e-books available it amazing that my novels still resonate with people. Pride and Prejudice is the top seller of my novels, which comes as little surprise. But Northanger Abbey makes the list and Mansfield Park does not. This I find interesting because NA is a bit of a black sheep or at least not as well loved as the others. It is a mistake though since many of my favorite lines come from this particular novel and I think Henry Tilney is quite the dark horse as a hero. So if you have a Kindle or feel like downloading Kindle for your PC or Mac for free do so and revisit some classics at an incredibly affordable price. As for myself I just downloaded The Count of Monte Cristo and yes, I will be picturing a delicious Jim Cavezel as Edmund.

2 comments:

  1. When I received my nook some of the first ebooks I downloaded where the free Jane Austen's novels :) I love being able to carry all the classics around with me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was younger Northanger Abbey was never my favorite, but it has grown on me over the last 15 years and now I can say that I really do like the Silly Catherine Morland.

    With the BBC replaying Northanger Abbey last week on PBS it does not surprise me that Northanger Abbey is on the Bestsellers list.

    Of course P&P is on there. Nothing tops P&P, in my eyes at least.

    ReplyDelete